Disney pulls new MagicBands from stores after accidental early release
Looks like Disney made a mistake.
We just covered how MagicBand+ was spotted at Disney Springs, but it appears to be a mistake as Disney has now pulled the bands from stores, as noted in a tweet from reporter Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) below. :
Disney says a limited number of MagicBand+ bands were sold earlier today. They have removed the tapes from the store and are offering refunds. MB+ features / in-park experiences are not live and are expected to launch later this year. Details (and a launch date) will be revealed later.
Disney says a limited number of MagicBand+ bands were sold earlier today. They have removed the tapes from the store and are offering refunds.
MB+ features / in-park experiences are not live and are expected to launch later this year. Details (and a launch date) will be revealed later. pic.twitter.com/KlzdU7ASyK
— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) May 1, 2022
As you can see, MagicBand+ functionality isn’t in the park yet, so it makes sense why they were removed. Hopefully we will see the official release of MagicBand+ soon.
With a MagicBand+, you’ll be able to further immerse yourself in Disney stories and experiences using the exciting new features of MagicBand+. More on this below:
Discover more magic with MagicBand+
Enjoy all the features you love with MagicBand, and more! Launched as part of the 50th anniversary celebration, MagicBand+ lets you experience Disney moments like never before as it reacts to park interactions with lighting effects and gesture recognition.
- Customizable color changing lights
- Haptic vibrations let you feel the magic with light vibrations that bring experiences to life
- Gesture recognition – your movement enables magical surprises!
- Sign in to your Disney Experience app and Disney account
- Enter theme and water parks (with a valid park ticket), check in to ayou lightning way and virtual queue entries, connect Disney PhotoPass images, unlock your Disney Resort hotel room door with the Room Key feature, and charge food and merchandise purchases to your Disney Resort room Resort.
Did you purchase MagicBand+ earlier today?
Let Academy Travel’s team of experts help you plan your next magical Disneyland Resort vacation, including Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure and the Downtown Disney District. Or what about the Walt Disney World Resort’s four theme parks – Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios – and the shopping and dining district of Disney Springs!